If you have the knowledge of Asp.Net Framework along with other programming languages, you can build your career as an Asp.Net Core Developer. As an Asp.Net Core Developer, you need to work mainly on web-based application development. Asp.Net Core is the new version of Asp.Net released by Microsoft. One of the significant benefits of Asp.Net Core is that it is based on the open-source structure to develop the web-based application. This application can be executed in different browsers for any environment like Windows, Linux, or Mac. So, In this article, we will discuss the Asp.net Core Developer and its related roles and responsibilities.
Who is an ASP.NET Core Developer?
In the case of Web Development, developers can use the Asp.Net Core Platform as a uniquely flexible tool for application development. It helps us develop high-performing applications which can be used in any environment like Windows, Linux, or macOS. With the help of this platform, we can create an application that can be run on a web environment or desktop environment. Moreover, it is much more powerful than the previous version of the Asp.Net Framework.
With the help of the flexibility of the Asp.Net Core Platform, developers can create unique, cross-platform applications. Furthermore, with the help of this framework, developers can also develop cloud-based applications which they can connect with remote workers.
Asp.Net Core Developers are mainly employed in the software companies, primarily information technology companies, to develop applications that can be used as desktop-based or web-based applications. But, except this, Asp.Net Core developers can be worked in various other positions like IT Research and development facilities as we as in the IT departments of the companies in different sectors of the industry.
As an Asp.Net Core Developer, we should know the below items –
- Programming Languages and Paradigms
- Code Structure, architecture, and system design.
- Must be proficient in C# Language.
- Should know about the ADO.Net and Entity Framework.
- Should be familiar with the database operations.
- Can able to test the development to produce an error-free application.
- Analytical thinking.
Skills Required to Become ASP.NET Core Developer
If someone wants to start their career as an Asp.Net Core Developer, they need to know some mandatory skills required for this job role. So, as an Asp.Net Core developer, we must have the majority of the below-mentioned skills –
- Must be proficient in understanding the web verbs, style sheets, JSON and XML protocols, and other web techniques like REST, SOAP, RPC, etc.
- Must have excellent knowledge of the C# / F# languages.
- Should know the architecture concept of the .Net Core Framework.
- Should know about the develop a SPA (Single-page Application) based application.
- Should have good knowledge of database operations.
- Should know the concept of writing test programs using NUnit, XUnit, or MSTest.
- Should know the code-first or db-first approach.
- Should know any the Entity Framework.
- We need to understand the concept of scaling with the stateless techniques for the application.
- Knowing about cloud-based services like Azure, AWS, etc., will be an added advantage.
- Need the knowledge of understanding of Agile methodology.
Besides these technical skills, .Net developers should also require the below mentioned soft skills as well -
- Problem–Solving Skills
- Time Management
- Team Building Skills.
ASP.NET Core Developer Salary
So, when you decide to start your career as an Asp.Net Core Developer, you need to know the Salary structure for this role in the industry. Because, in the end, final decisions always depend upon the pay scale. The rank of Asp.Net Core Developer in India is definitely among the most popular jobs. Also, we need to remember that the salary amount always depends upon many factors like experience, skills, location, employer, etc. Also, experience always plays a crucial role in defining your salary structure in this role. For example, the average salary of an Asp.Net Core Developer in India for a minimum experiance is around 600K. But at the same time, an experienced person can get a salary package of around or above 1000K in India.
As the developer, as the number of years increases in experience, we always get a better salary range. As people spend time in a particular industry job profile, they can apply the experience or knowledge about the drive to achieve the specified role. Also, Job recruiters always prefer candidates with good work experience. The below image demonstrates the changes in the average salary range for an Asp.Net Core Developer based on the years of experience.
ASP.NET Core Developer Jobs
So, now the question arises: Is there any demand for the Asp.Net Core Developer in the Indian Job Market? In a single word, the answer is YES; actually, out of the many opportunities in the technical industry, one of the most demanding job profiles in Asp.NET Core developer for the employers. As an Asp.Net Core Developer, we can contribute to different development sections like Full Stack Platform, Web-Based Platform, etc.
As per the Naukri.Com, approximately more than 11,000 Asp.Net Core Developers Jobs are available in India. Job locations are all major cities in India, and the salary structure ranges between 300K to 100000k as per the experience. And this is just from Naukri.com, where there are so many job portals in India, including monster.com, indeed, LinkedIn, and many others. So, if we consider all the job portals, this number will increase much more.
ASP.NET Core Developer Roles and Responsibilities
Asp.Net Core developers are mainly responsible for designing and developing web-based applications. Besides this, an Asp.Net Core Developer must be capable of analyzing the specific problems and providing solutions or creating the appropriate requirements. The significant roles and responsibilities of an Asp.Net Core developer are as below –
- Developing Code with the help of .Net Core Framework (C#, F#, etc.)
- Can develop web-based applications and test them by running the .Net Core-based Applications.
- Can able to upgrade, build or debug the existing developed systems.
- Can prepare the procedure and policy document related to the execution of the applications.
- Can be able to revise, update and debug the code.
- Can provide technical support for any type of desktop or web-based application.
- Can collaborate with the other teams to generate software design and architecture.
- Can generate the documentation in all steps of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Can able to design the backend database for the web-based application.
- Can able to find out the new tools and technology which can be helpful to improve the performance and features of the application.
Difference between ASP.NET Core Developer and Full Stack .NET Developer
So, when we enter the real world of web development, we find that roles typically overlap with different job profiles. For this reason, we need to understand a clear idea about the difference between Asp.Net Core Developer and Full Stack .Net Developer.
Asp.Net Core Developer
An Asp.Net Core Developer is mainly responsible for managing and supporting the existing web-based application. As an Asp.Net Core developer, you should be able to design and develop any web application, maintaining the performance of the applications along with requirement analyzing and functionality analysis.
An Asp.Net Core developer needs to collaborate with the internal teams to develop clean, scalable code using the .Net Core Programming languages.
Full Stack .Net Developer
A Full Stack .Net Developer is a technical expert who can handle the web applications' client sides and server-side. They must be part of the development team that works on all the web application steps. In addition, full-Stack developers maintain the databases, design, and handle back-end operation of the application and ensure the error-free development, testing, and deployment of the application.
Full Stack .Net Developer is a multi-functional job role. Because they know both layers of the web application, i.e., front-end and back-end. So, naturally, this job role is in high demand. Moreover, due to their multiple types of skill-set, they can participate in any part of the application development process and help the team members if they face any complex technical issues.
I hope that this article helped you relate to the Asp.Net Core Developer job role. Through this article, the reader will get a clear idea about the concept of Asp.Net Core Developer, related to required skills and different job information and salary. Also, you can get a clear idea about the roles and responsibilities of the Asp.Net Core Developer. If you have feedback related to the articles, please drop us a comment in the comments section of this article.
Take our free aspnet skill challenge to evaluate your skill
In less than 5 minutes, with our skill challenge, you can identify your knowledge gaps and strengths in a given skill.