If you have the knowledge of Asp.Net MVC Framework along with other programming languages, you can build your career as an Asp.Net MVC Developer. As an Asp.Net MVC Developer, you need to work mainly on web-based application development using MVC Framework. Asp.net MVC is a versatile framework technology that can be used to develop different application types, including small applications to enterprise-based web applications. As an Asp.Net MVC Developer, you should be proficient in the. Net-based languages like C#. But at the same time, if you have experience developed, you should have good knowledge of both server-side and client-side technologies or frameworks. So, In this article, we will discuss the Asp.net MVC Developer and its related roles and responsibilities.
Who is an ASP.NET MVC Developer?
Asp.Net MVC depends on the MVC framework. The Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern helps us implement separation of concern in the application into three layers: the model, the view, and the controller. Asp.Net MVC Framework provides us an alternate choice related to the web-based application compared to the Asp.Net web forms. The Asp.Net MVC Framework is a much more lightweight and highly testable framework than the Asp.Net WebForms.
Asp.Net MVC Developers are mainly employed in the software companies, primarily information technology companies, to develop applications that can be used primarily for web-based applications. But, except this, Asp.Net MVC developers can be worked in various other positions like IT Research and development facilities as we as in the IT departments of the companies in different sectors of the industry.
As an Asp.Net Core Developer, we should know the below items –
- Programming Languages and Paradigms
- Code Structure, architecture, and system design.
- Must be proficient in C# Language.
- Should know about the ADO.Net and Entity Framework.
- Should be familiar with the database operations.
- Can able to test the development to produce an error-free application.
- Analytical thinking.
Skills Required to Become ASP.NET MVC Developer
If someone wants to start their career as an Asp.Net MVC Developer, they need to know some mandatory skills required for this job role. So, as an Asp.Net MVC developer, we must have the majority of the below-mentioned skills –
- Must be proficient in understanding the web verbs, style sheets, JSON and XML protocols, and other web techniques like REST, SOAP, RPC, etc.
- Must have excellent knowledge of the C# languages.
- Should know the architecture concept of the MVC and .Net Framework.
- Should know about the develop a SPA (Single-page Application) based application.
- Should have good knowledge of database operations.
- Should know the concept of writing test programs using NUnit, XUnit, or MSTest.
- Should know the code-first or db-first approach.
- Should know any of the Entity Framework and Ado.NETs.
- We need to understand the concept of scaling with the stateless techniques for the application.
- Knowing about cloud-based services like Azure, AWS, etc., will be an added advantage.
- Need the knowledge of understanding of Agile methodology.
Besides these technical skills, .Net developers should also require the below mentioned soft skills as well -
- Problem–Solving Skills
- Time Management
- Team Building Skills.
ASP.NET MVC Developer Salary
So, when you decide to start your career as an Asp.Net MVC Developer, you need to know the Salary structure for this role in the industry. Because, in the end, final decisions always depend upon the pay scale. The rank of Asp.Net MVC Developer in India is definitely among the most popular jobs. Also, we need to remember that the salary amount always depends upon many factors like experience, skills, location, employer, etc. Also, experience always plays a crucial role in defining your salary structure in this role. For example, the average salary of an Asp.Net MVC Developer in India for a minimum experience is around 600K. But at the same time, an experienced person can get a salary package of around or above 1000K in India.
As the developer, as the number of years increases in experience, we always get a better salary range. As people spend time in a particular industry job profile, they can apply the experience or knowledge about the drive to achieve the specified role. Also, Job recruiters always prefer candidates with good work experience. The below image demonstrates the changes in the average salary range for an Asp.Net MVCs Developer based on the years of experience.
ASP.NET MVC Developer Jobs
So, now the question arises: Is there any demand for the Asp.Net MVC Developer in the Indian Job Market? In a single word, the answer is YES; actually, out of the many opportunities in the technical industry, one of the most demanding job profiles in Asp.NET MVC developer for the employers. As an Asp.Net MVC Developer, we can contribute to different development sections like Full Stack Platform, Web-Based Platform, etc.
As per the Naukri.Com, approximately more than 11,500 Asp.Net Core Developers Jobs are available in India. Job locations are all major cities in India, and the salary structure ranges between 300K to 100000k as per the experience. And this is just from Naukri.com, where there are so many job portals in India, including monster.com, indeed, LinkedIn, and many others. So, if we consider all the job portals, this number will increase much more.
ASP.NET MVC Developer Roles and Responsibilities
Asp.Net Core developers are mainly responsible for designing and developing web-based applications. Besides this, an Asp.Net Core Developer must be capable of analyzing the specific problems and providing solutions or creating the appropriate requirements. The significant roles and responsibilities of an Asp.Net Core developer are as below –
- Developing Code with the help of .Net Core Framework (C#)
- Can create web-based applications and test them by running the MVC Framework-based Applications.
- Can able to upgrade, build or debug the existing developed systems.
- Can prepare the procedure and policy document related to the execution of the applications.
- Can be able to revise, update and debug the code.
- Can provide technical support for any type of desktop or web-based application.
- Can collaborate with the other teams to generate software design and architecture.
- Can generate the documentation in all steps of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Can able to design the backend database for the web-based application.
- Can able to find out the new tools and technology which can be helpful to improve the performance and features of the application.
Difference between ASP.NET MVC Developer and ASP.NET Core Developer
While we discuss the .Net Developer job role, at the same time, it always comes up with the discussion with another Job Role called Asp.Net Core Developer.
Asp.Net MVC Developer
Asp.Net MVC Developers are mainly considered the MVC-based applications development expert. Logically, MVC Framework is a part of the .NET Framework container that contains –
- Different programming languages like C#, F#, etc.
- Other frameworks like Asp.Net MVC, Asp.Net Core MVC, etc.
Asp.Net Core Developer
Asp.Net Core is a small part of the .Net Framework. Asp.Net Core is mainly used to develop websites and web applications that run on the browsers. Now, if we deep drive within the Asp.net Core, then we will find that it is also divided into the below mentioned three parts –
- Core MVC
I hope that this article helped you relate to the Asp.Net MVC Developer job role. Through this article, the reader will get a clear idea about the concept of Asp.Net MVC Developer, related to required skills and different job information and salary. Also, you can get a clear idea about the roles and responsibilities of the Asp.Net MVC Developer. If you have feedback related to the articles, please drop us a comment in the comments section of this article.
Take our free aspnet skill challenge to evaluate your skill
In less than 5 minutes, with our skill challenge, you can identify your knowledge gaps and strengths in a given skill.