Top 5 AWS Certifications in 2023
Top 5 AWS Certifications in 2023
If you are passionate about Cloud computing then continuing your career in the same is one of the wisest decisions. To excel in this career, it is highly advisable to become AWS certified. Obtaining the AWS Certification lets you stand out in the competition. You can unlock high-paying job opportunities with these certifications. These are role-based certifications implying that you get certifications for roles like DevOps engineers, AWS developers, system admins, security experts, software architects, DBAs, network experts, data analysts, and Big Data professionals.
Based on your proficiency, experience, and career objectives, you can choose the most suitable AWS Cloud certification. If you are intending to elevate your Cloud skills to the next level this 2022 or aspire to become an AWS certified Cloud professional then you must know which the best AWS certifications are. To make the most of your time and effort, you can choose a reliable training provider. You can choose online training.
These are role-based certifications like DevOps engineers, AWS developers, software architects, data analysts, Big Data professionals, network experts, security experts, etc. You can choose the most pertinent role-based certifications depending on your experience and proficiency. But if you are a beginner in the Cloud arena then it is recommended to commence with AWS Cloud Practitioner. This beginner-level AWS certification is the easiest to pass and can be cleared in a week of intense study. Moreover, this certification can be used to learn the fundamentals of Cloud computing.
Here is the list of topmost 5 AWS Certifications in 2023:
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect — Associate
- AWS Certified Developer — Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator — Associate
- AWS Certified Data Analytics — Specialty
Now let’s go through the details of each of these certifications:
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
This one is the best Cloud Certificate for beginners. It is the entry-level certificate suitable for those who aspire to comprehend the core infrastructure of AWS without focusing on any particular service. After completing this certification, you can move on to the associate certification. Showcasing the credential of this certification assists organizations to recognize and develop skills with critical knowledge associated with executing cloud initiatives. Passing this beginner-level certification authenticates foundational AWS knowledge and cloud fluency.
Its learning path provides an in-depth overview of core AWS cloud concepts like services, architecture, pricing, security, and support. Those organizations who are new to the Cloud arena but gradually beginning with the use of AWS should hire candidates who have passed this certification.
To obtain this certification, you have to pass the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam (CLF-C01) exam.
Topics included in the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Fundamentals of AWS cloud and global infrastructure
- Principles of AWS cloud architecture
- AWS cloud value proposals and key services on the AWS platform as well as their use cases
- Illustration of the characteristics of deployment and execution in the AWS platform
- Fundamentals of security and compliance facets of the AWS platform
- Recognize technical assistance and documentation
- Delineate pricing models, account management, and billing
- Minimum six months of experience in any of the roles like technical, managerial, sales, purchase, or finance
- Minimum of six months of exposure to the AWS Cloud
- Ability to understand the fundamentals of IT services and their uses in the AWS cloud platform
- Knowledge of core AWS services and use cases, security concepts, billing, and pricing models, and the way Cloud influences a business
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam (CLF-C01) details
- Format: 65 multiple choice or multiple response questions.
- Exam duration: 90 minutes
- Cost: 100 USD
- Languages: English, Korean, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.
- Exam Delivery Method: Online proctored exams or testing centers; Pearson VUE and PSI
AWS Certified Solutions Architect — Associate
This one is the best Cloud Certificate for Software Architects. It is one of the most renowned AWS certificates. It is suitable for experienced AWS developers, solution architects, software architects, and tech leads.
Intending to offer a broad synopsis of the AWS Cloud, it primarily focuses on the core AWS services like Identity and Access Management (IAM), Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), S3, and EC2. When you learn all these services through this certification, you can comprehend how AWS approaches data storage, networking, security, and computing abilities.
Showcasing the credential of this certification assists organizations in discerning and developing talent with critical proficiencies for implementing cloud initiatives. Passing this certification authenticates the ability to design and employ distributed systems on AWS.
Especially those professionals who intend to accomplish and define solution architects such as the deployment of the web application and securing them can find this certification very useful. Since the exam demands a thorough understanding of various AWS services, you need to prepare hard to pass it.
To obtain this certification, you need to pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate exam (SAA-C02). This exam not just requires answering questions but also requires you to carry out some lab activity.
Topics included in the Solutions Architect Certification
- How to deploy and architect robust applications on AWS technologies.
- Define a solution using architectural principles.
- Knowledge of managing and deploying services
- Ability to recognize which service fulfills the specified technical requirements of the user
- Ability to define technical requirements for an AWS-based application
- Understanding of the AWS Well-Architected Framework, AWS security, networking, services, and the AWS global infrastructure
- Hands-on experience in database, storage, compute, and networking services
- At least one year of hands-on experience in designing accessible, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS.
- At least one year of hands-on experience with AWS technology encompassing the use of networking, computing, storage, database AWS services, and AWS deployment and management services
- Experience in deploying, managing, and executing workloads on AWS along with the implementation of security controls and compliance requirements
- Experience in using both the AWS Management Console and the AWS Command Line Interface (CLI)
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate exam(SAA-C02) details
- Format: 65 multiple choice or multiple response questions
- Exam duration: 130 minutes
- Cost: 150 USD
- Languages: English, Italian, French (France), German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish (Latin America), Portuguese (Brazil), and Simplified Chinese
- Exam Delivery Method: Testing centers or online proctored exam; Pearson VUE and PSI
AWS Certified Developer — Associate
If you are in the hunt for the best Cloud Certification for programmers and software developers then AWS Certified Developer –Associate is the most recommended choice. Primarily, it is designed for people possessing a minimum of one year of experience in developing and maintaining the AWS application. It instructs you on the core AWS services and the perfect way to utilize the fundamentals of such services.
Those Python developers or Java developers willing to learn AWS and Cloud computing then this certificate can be considered. Earning this certification suggests that organizations can discern your critical skills for executing cloud initiatives. It authenticates the capability to write and set up Cloud-based applications. It is a myth that this certification is only for developers; it is for everybody using AWS.
To obtain this certification, you need to pass the AWS Certified Developer – Associate exam. (DVA-C01).
Topics included in the AWS Certified Developer –Associate certification
- AWS services including DynamoDB, Elastic Beanstalk, SNS, and SQS
- Working knowledge of core AWS architecture and the fundamentals of AWS services
- Hands-on experience in developing, designing, deploying, and maintaining the application
- Knowledge of how to use the AWS services
- Fundamental knowledge of using the services in the AWS platform and how they present themselves to the world through APIs and SDKs
- Knowledge of using AWS services, AWS CLIs, and SDKs to write the applications.
- Experience in any one of the high-level programming languages
- Understanding of application lifecycle management
- Understanding of core AWS services with its usage, and fundamental AWS architecture best practices covering the application lifecycle management, AWS Shared Responsibility Model, and the use of containers in the development process
- Experience in development, deployment and debug process of cloud-based applications through AWS and writing code for serverless applications
- At least one year of hands-on experience in developing and maintaining an AWS-based application.
- Ability to use fundamental understanding of cloud-native applications to write code
- Ability to author, maintain and debug code modules on AWS
AWS Certified Developer –Associate exam details
- Format: Multiple choice and multiple response questions
- Exam Duration: 130 minutes
- Exam cost: 150 USD
- Languages: English, French (France), Italian, Japanese, German, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Latin America), and Simplified Chinese
- Exam Delivery Method: PSI and Pearson VUE; testing center or online proctored exam
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator — Associate
For System admins, Linux admins, and Support professionals, this one is the best Cloud certificate. Its learning path imparts a broad assortment of skills and knowledge including deployment, management, and operation of highly available, scalable, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS. Moreover, it tests a superior level of technical skills capable enough to handle AWS system administration.
Apart from system administration, it also assists the candidates to select the appropriate service for their application. Furthermore, it helps them evaluate the costs and regulate the data flow of your AWS account. Some of the key tasks of a SysOps administrator are deployment, management, and operation of workloads on AWS. Additionally, this certification imparts detailed learning of Cloud watch. Candidates are made familiar with what’s happening in the AWS architecture.
Though this certification is the hardest of Associate level AWS certifications, once you have passed the exam, it is the greatest valuable certification. To obtain it, you need to pass the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate exam. The exam labs let you demonstrate your expertise by creating solutions through the AWS Management Console and AWS Command Line Interface (CLI).
Topics include din AWS SysOps Administrator –Associate Certification:
- How to deploy, execute and manage the application in the AWS cloud platform
- Choose AWS services to meet the organization's requirements.
- How to control the flow of data to and from AWS
- Knowledge of AWS tenets- architecting for the cloud
- Understanding of how network technologies are associated with AWS
- Knowledge of visualization technologies
- At least one year of hands-on experience with AWS technology
- Experience in how to deploy, manage, and operate workloads on AWS as well as the implementation of security controls and compliance requirements
- Enough understanding of both the AWS Management Console and the AWS Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Understanding of the AWS Well-Architected Framework, and AWS networking and security services
- Ability to interpret architectural requirements
AWS SysOps Administrator –Associate Certification exam details:
- Format: Multiple choice and multiple response questions, or exam lab
- Exam Duration: 180 minutes
- Cost: 150 USD
- Languages: Available in English, Korean, Japanese, and simplified Chinese
- Exam Delivery Method: Pearson VUE testing center or online proctored exam
AWS Certified Data Analytics — Specialty
This one is the best Cloud certificate for data analysts. Only those candidates who possess the profound skills needed to build set up, and tune data models can pass this certification. This aspect implies that it demands thorough dedication and learning these skills perfectly to earn the certification. It is primarily intended for data scientists. Its learning path offers enough understanding of the base layers of the data science hierarchy of requirements.
It is known that this specialty certification prepares candidates for a data analytics role. This job involves the responsibilities like a collection of data, it's storage, processing, and visualization. Also, it involves obtaining insights into how much data and power is being consumed in your AWS account. Moreover, this certificate authenticates candidates’ proficiency in using AWS data lakes as well as analytics services to obtain values from the data.
To obtain this certification, you have to pass the AWS Certified Data Analytics – Specialty exam (DAS-C01).
Topics included in AWS Certified Data Analytics — Specialty exam:
- How to design and maintain big data
- How to implement core AWS big data services in accordance with the AWS infrastructure.
- Data analysis using tools
- Before pursuing the AWS Big Data certification, you should have passed hold AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner and Associative level certifications
- Knowledge of how to design a cost-effective and scalable architecture to process the data
- Expertise and experience working with AWS services to design, create, secure, and maintain analytics solutions.
- At least two years of hands-on experience and proficiency working with AWS services to design, create, secure, and maintain analytics solutions
- Experience with common data analytics technologies
- Capability to explain how AWS data analytics services match with the data lifecycle of collection, processing, storage, and visualization
- Capability to define AWS data analytics services and comprehend how they integrate
AWS Certified Data Analytics — Specialty exam detail:
- Format: 65 multiple choice or multiple response questions.
- Exam Duration: 180 minutes
- Cost: 300 USD
- Languages: English, Korean, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese
- Exam Delivery Method: Testing centers or online proctored exam; PSI and Pearson VUE
Selecting the appropriate AWS Certification equips you with demanding Cloud computing skills and assures excellent career growth. Being AWS certified demonstrates that you are one of the expert professionals in the Cloud computing market. These certifications outline the stability of IT professionals on how they execute the infrastructure on AWS platforms. With any of these certifications, you can stand out from other professionals and can elevate to the next level in your organization.
Take our free skill tests to evaluate your skill!
In less than 5 minutes, with our skill test, you can identify your knowledge gaps and strengths.