Software Engineer Salary: An Overview
What's one of the most important aspects of looking for a job in any profile? Isn't it salary? Well, I think it is. The world is changing and so is the lifestyle. Money becomes an essential factor for a good lifestyle. And, if it comes to the field of IT/Computers, salary becomes the most demanding aspect as we have somewhere in mind that there's a high salary range in the IT/Computers field. If you want to chase a career in Software Engineering and are curious to know the salary range for different job profiles, you have come to the right place.
Who is a Software Engineer?
A software engineer is responsible for creating and maintaining websites, apps, databases, and other programs that are designed to accomplish a task for the users. He is skilled in computer programming, computer languages, frameworks, and tools. He can meet the needs of both the organization and its clients.
Below are some of the listed responsibilities of a Software Engineer
- Collaboration with Team Members
- Testing and debugging software
- Writing and implementing codes
- Working and Managing projects
- Deployment and maintenance of the deployed software
- Stay up-to-date on the latest technologies
- Preparing Technical Documentation
Educational Qualifications required to become a Software Engineer
To become a Software Engineer, these are the required qualifications –
- A bachelor’s degree like B.E./B.Tech. in Computer Science, B.E./B.Tech. in Computer Engineering, B.E./B.Tech. in Software Engineering, B.E./B.Tech. in IT, B.E./B.Tech. in ECE
- Many companies even demand a master’s degree like M.E./M. Tech. in Computer Science, M.E./M.Tech. in Computer Engineering, M.E./M.Tech. in Software Engineering, M.E./M.Tech. in IT, M.E./M.Tech. in ECE
What are the Various Job Profiles Available for a Software Engineer?
- Back-End Developer: He is involved in the development of the back end of an application, which includes databases, servers, and other components not visible to users. Knowledge of programming languages, databases, and APIs is a must.
- Full-Stack Developer: They are skilled in both front-end and back-end development, allowing them to create complete web applications.
- Quality Assurance Engineer: He ensures that all code complies with industry standards and regulations. They test software products manually (through human interaction) and automatically (via computerized simulations). QA also ensures that all documentation is up-to-date and accurate.
- Security Engineer: He is involved in protecting data from unauthorized access, modification, or destruction. He creates security policies and procedures that prevent theft of intellectual property and against unauthorized access by malicious hackers.
Software Engineer Salary Structure in India
The demand for software engineers has been increasing rapidly due to technological advancements and requirements for software solutions. This has resulted in a very high competitive salary structure. The below image shows the average salary of a Software Engineer in India.Image Source: AmbitionBox
Software Engineer Salary in India Based on ExperienceExperience counts. The more years technocrats invest in gaining experience the higher the software engineers' salary per month.
|Salary ( INR )
|< 1 year
|4.2 LPA - 12 LPA
|1 - 4 years
|4.5 LPA - 15 LPA
|5 - 9 years
|6.9 LPA - 23 LPA
|10 - 19 years
Software Engineer Salary in India Based on Location
Different cities in India provide different salary packages. Some cities provide more than the national average, while others provide less than the national average. It mainly depends on the type of city the engineer works in. e.g if you work in IT hubs like Bangalore, Pune, or Hyderabad, you will be offered a higher package than in Noida, Gurgaon, Chennai, etc.
Software Engineer Salary in India Based on Companies
It is essential to understand the average yearly salary range that you will earn in India when you join a particular company. The top organizations that pay software developers more are shown here, along with the yearly packages they provide.Image Source: AmbitionBox
Software Engineer Salary in India Based on Job Titles
Today the world is the world of technology. We have n number of applications and websites for n number of tasks. Hence, the demand for Software Engineers is and will be much higher in the upcoming future. So aspiring geeks must work on the required skills to grow in their job profile and get their deserved salary package.