DevOps-based operations are one of the crucial job operations in today's IT industry. If anybody wants to start their career in the IT industry and have knowledge about DevOps operations, it will be an excellent boost for their career growth. Maybe that person is a developer, system admin, or security specialist, but DevOps will provide a good shape and enhanced part of the career. DevOps is one of the most required skills due to the shortage of proficient people in the industry. Most companies are trying to move forward with cloud-based services, and for this type of operation, they need proper knowledgeable persons to track the process. As per the IT experts, DevOps Developer will be a crucial job requirement for all companies in the coming days, big or small. That’s why most companies make DevOps a key business priority and try to implement it for their environment.
DevOps Developer – A New Job Role
So, before analyzing the entire concept, we first need to understand the basic idea of DevOps. DevOps is a combination of processes linked with software development and related IT operations. DevOps mainly shorten the entire software development life cycle (SDLC) process and can execute continuously high software quality. It is currently treated as an upcoming segment in the future concept. Most companies are trying to create their software following the DevOps process.
So, with the increase in demand for using DevOps in the IT Industry, a new job role has been introduced called DevOps Engineers or Developers. DevOps Developers are the technical professionals who can establish collaboration between the development team, system admin, and other IT staff. DevOps Developers always have the expertise in the multiple automation tools required to perform on the cloud environment to manage the entire process. They also have a clear understanding of the software development life cycle. The DevOps engineer can be served in different roles per the company's job requirements. The need can include project manager, quality testing, software development, automation process execution, etc.
Future of DevOps
So, in a single word, DevOps has a promising and growing future, and the practical applications related to DevOps are increasing daily in the IT industry. So, we can say that the opportunities and demands of DevOps engineers will be increased in the coming years. So, DevOps technology will be created new job opportunities, and the software development process will be dependent on DevOps professionals; we can say that DevOps will be one of the most demanding job profiles in the future. The current global IT industry has a high demand for DevOps professionals in the market. As per the estimation, the requirement for DevOps professionals increasing rate in the last five years is, around 40 to 45%.
DevOps Professionals will be one of the IT industry's future trends. There are many reasons behind this resolution. Some of them are as follows –
- Most Companies prefer the automation process for their software development process. As the software always provides them with business, software automation is much more crucial for modern business as it will give the customer a better and more sophisticated experience.
- The DevOps Integration testing process always helps developers identify any problem in the developed code and allow them to solve those issues in the software before deploying it in the Testing or production environment.
- DevOps methodology also plays an essential role in case of the security field. It is because DevOps always maintain a discipline to maintain the plans, policies, and technology. Therefore, both DevOps and Security typically look unusual to each other. But while we automate any process, there is a high chance of a problem. That’s why we usually prefer to automate any process when we can control it. So, at the time of DevOps implementation, we always need to maintain the product security concern and follow all the security protocols related to the software.
Top 8 Reasons Why should we learn DevOps?
DevOps has become one of the latest technology in the current IT industry. With the help of DevOps, Software developers can collaborate with the IT or Service team members to create the application efficiently. At present days, most software development companies use DevOps. The basic concept of DevOps is quite similar to the Software Development process along with services and operations. DevOps helps us establish collaboration between the Development team members and IT operation team members. In DevOps, we need to use different tools like Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, Selenium, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, and many more. Due to its increasing popularity, DevOps has become much more critical to the IT sector's career path. There are many reasons behind it that we need to learn DevOps today.
- Faster Process due to Automation – With the help of DevOps, we can make the SDLC process in a genuine agile manner for the timely releases of the product. In earlier days, Development Team and Operations teams worked in different silos. So, at that time, it was a challenging task to identify whether the application was ready for operation or not. But now, in DevOps, the development and operation teams work together. So, the application is prepared in a much faster time. It happens in DevOps due to the various phases involved in the process and multiple tools. With the help of these tools, we can implement the CI/CD process so that whenever a developer pushes any code changes in the master branch, it automatically starts the process of building the application for error-checking purposes. If required, we can implement the Continuous Deployment process in this. It is much more critical for companies to succeed in the current substantial competitive market. AT Amazon, engineers are deploying code every 11.7 seconds on average with the help of the DevOps Process.
- Save Time and Cost – By using DevOps, companies can save time-related to software development and reduce the cost of the process against the entire system. Every software development team generally consists of different team members per technical expertise like excellent, good, average, and poor. So, for any application, removing any harmful code written by the developers during the process is much more essential. Otherwise, it will impact the application's performance or disturb the user end's functionality. And at that time, the developer needs to fix that issue and follow the entire development and deployment process again. But if we can identify those wrong codes during the development time, we do not need any extra time to fix the issue. DevOps exactly do the same as a process. DevOps helps us reduce inadequate code limits. If those are not rectified, then DevOps will not allow moving the code to the next level. This way, we can save time for the development process and reduce the cost-effectively.
- Improve Product Quality – With the help of DevOps, we can increase the efficiency level of the Developer, so it automatically helps speed up the development process and provide a much more error-free product at the end. To reduce the number of errors in the product or increase the Product quality before final delivery, we can use different tools and processes like Automate Testing of Code. In addition, it will help us to implement the continuous integration process. This process runs automatically with every code change push and tries to identify if there is any issue in the system due to these code changes. So, in the end, the delivered application has a higher quality than earlier.
- Quick Release Process – Using DevOps can improve the Software Development culture within the development team. In this process, both the development and operational team combined to perform a combined board, and as a result, the output of the process will appear more quickly and efficiently. As a result, the unit can focus on delivering the product to launch the application much more rapidly. Also, in this process, after deploying the product, the team can gather product feedback from stakeholders or end-users. Then, according to can adopt those suggestions, make the changes, and rerelease them.
- Lower Chance of Failure - The primary reason behind the deployment failure is the application's programmatic error. As in DevOps, the development cycles are short. So, more frequently, the process prompts the code release build and helps us identify the defects in the code. In this way, the chance of deployment failure has been reduced.
- New Career Job Role – Nowadays, DevOps is a much more trending technology in the job market. There is a lot of job requirement for DevOps-related technical professional. But currently, there are not enough technical persons available who can fill the roles and responsibilities of DevOps. So, it helps anybody a great advantage who wants to be a DevOps professional to get a good job role.
- High PayScale for DevOps Professionals – In the current industry, DevOps Professionals' salary packages are much higher than the other Job roles with the same experience level.
- Expertise in multiple technical tools - In DevOps, several phases are involved in completing the process. So, in those processes, we can use different tools. It gives us reasonable control and expertise on the various technical tools like:
- And many more
With technology evolving faster than ever before, expert developers, system engineers and administrators must stay ahead of the game. Learning DevOps in 2023 is a great way to do so and offers a range of valuable skills that can help individuals remain competitive and in demand by employers. Not only will learning DevOps provide the necessary knowledge to develop cutting-edge applications, but it also helps promote collaboration between different IT departments, ensuring optimal development processes are utilized. Additionally, mastering DevOps could potentially reduce costs as organizations become more efficient and operations run smoother due to improved communication between technical teams. In conclusion, learning DevOps in 2023 is an excellent way for any tech professional to ensure they have the most up-to-date knowledge and skills for their chosen profession.