What is Java? A Beginners Guide to Java
21 Feb 2024
6 min read
Learn via Video Course & by Doing Hands-on Labs
Java Programming For Beginners Free Course
A Beginners Guide to Java
In present days, smartphones and the internet are one of the most important parts of our life. With just a click on the smartphone, anyone can get anything without hampering their comfort. This is possible because of the invention of a programming language that is called Java. If you're a total beginner when it comes to coding, Java beginner courses
are the perfect place to start. It's one of the most popular coding languages out there, and that means lots of resources available for learning. In this article, we'll explore what Java is, why it could be beneficial for your career, and provide an overview of some basic concepts you should know if you're just starting out.
What is Java?
is a high-level programming language that is easy to read, write and understand that includes the feature of data type and variable
. It is an objective-oriented programming language that is primarily used in "distributed environments" of the internet. Java follows the "WORA" concept which stands for "write once and run anywhere". Java could be used on various platforms as it is a platform-independent programming language.
History of Java
Java was invented by James Gosling and Sun Microsystems in the year of 1991. They have only one motto which is to create a platform-independent programming language. Initially, the name of the speech was "Oak" because of the "oak tree" situated outside their office. After that, they changed the name to "Green" and "Java Coffee". Finally, in 1995 they came up with the name, called "Java".
Why Use Java?
Java is vastly used in mobile applications, game development, web consoles, GUIs, web applications, desktop applications, and software systems. Not only these but also Java is used for the development of software for various devices. Java is mainly used in mobiles and computers but nowadays it's useful for multiple electronic devices such as air conditioning, television, washing machine, and many more. Java assists many banking applications, online registration, and shopping sites.
How does Java work?
Java is initially based on "C" and "C++" programming languages. Sun Microsystems' first innovative Java compiler with the help of C programming and some libraries of C++ programming. Primary Java files are converted into the format of "bit code" by using a compiler. After that, the Java interpreter executes the Java files. Java codes run in a runtime environment that is called "Java Virtual Machine".
Editions in Java
Java application has three editions such as "Java Standard Edition", "Java Micro Edition" and "Java Expertise Edition", these will be discussed further in this article.
Java Standard Edition
Java standard edition provides the Java runtime environment to the user.
Java Micro Edition
To run Java programs on micro devices the developer made this Java microprogram. It is generally used in mobile devices.
Java Enterprise Edition
In this particular addition, developers focused on the security of the data. This Edition creates a very secure environment for the application and protects every sensitive information. Java Enterprise Edition is perfect for any business-related application.
Java primarily depends on the features of object-oriented programming. This programming language assists in simplifying the development of the application and software as well as maintaining some concepts which will be discussed further
- Object: object is an entity of object-oriented programming that has a particular behavior and a definite status. Class and object in java are one of the most essential features of Java.
- Class: a class stands for a collection of various objects. To create an object, the class needs to generate some blueprint for it. Class assists to organize the codes for a particular program.
- Constructor: it is seemingly worked as a method, but it is a class name and does not have or return any value.
- Inheritance: in this concept, one particular class needs to have the properties and behaviour of their parents' class.
- Polymorphism: Polymorphism is the concept of performing a particular task in various ways. Sometimes programmers use the same, particular word but it means different based on the platforms and contexts.
- Abstraction: this feature in Java shows the relevant and essential details of the task and hides the internal details.
- Encapsulation: as a capsule, this Encapsulation method helps to bind the data and code together.
Features of Java
- Java provides the utmost security to related applications because it can generate "virus-free" and "tamper-free" systems.
- This programming language can be used on any platform with any machine or any operating system without even any modifications.
- Java is an object-oriented programming language so it can be easily extended. The object model of java is very flexible.
- Java programming mainly focuses on the elimination of error-prone situations. It emphasizes checking if there is any "compile time error" and "runtime error".
Java Setup for Windows
- First, download the Java application for windows
- Install the application on windows
- Run the file
- Try to configure the "Installation Wizard".
- Set the environmental variables in Java programming
- Test if it is installed correctly
QuickStart generally decides how to "set up" and "run" an application that is called Google Workshop API. It assists the user to use the client library for its applications.
This particular article is a beginners book java for learners and gives a vast idea about the history of Java and its usage as well as how it works. This article Java a beginner’s guide also covered the various editions of the language. The concept and features of Java programming including Quickstart and the setup procedure have been evaluated in this Java tutorial
article. Not only this article but also Java a beginner’s guide eighth edition one of the popular book to understand Java's history, editions, and features. It also serves as a reliable companion for individuals seeking a solid foundation in Java programming and is highly recommended for Java Certification preparation.